Thursday, October 22, 2009

How to Kill a Blog in 10 Days

Ok, whatever I might have said before, DO NOT REPAIR A BOWL WITH RUBBER CEMENT AND THEN SMOKE FROM IT. From what I hear, if you heat it up, noxious fumes will kill you and you'll die.

I of course, have not actually smoked my repaired bowl, so I can't say I saw strawberries dancing with the Alice in Wonderland caterpillar after doing so. I can however say that when I returned to college from a break at home, my bowl had separated along the cracks. And as I sat applying more rubber cement my boyfriend and I pondered aloud, I wonder if there could be any adverse effects to heating this stuff. I turned to the label on my jar. It says:
WARNING:
EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE. HARMFUL OR FATAL IF SWALLOWED. VAPOR HARMFUL. EXPOSURE MAY CAUSE ALLERGIC REACTIONS. CONTAINS: n-HEPTANE, NATURAL RUBBER LATEX. PRECAUTIONS: Avoid contact with heat, sparks, or open flame. Vapors can ignite explosively...

Now, the part of my brain that wasn't screaming "You are winning a Darwin Award as we speak" was considering this: All those awful facts are factual because of the n-Heptane. And once that evaporates out, i.e. the cement is dry, we should be in no trouble. To me, dried rubber cement, although not preferable, would also not give me screaming green scales or a horn growing in towards my brain.
However, as a writer whose medium is The Internets, a realm comprised entirely of total fact, I best keep my chemical ducks in a well-ventilated row and not even bother with the "I did this even though it could KILL me! Doesn't that win your affection?*" schtick.

So I suppose my famously long-winded point is: no bowl, no reviews, no blog. For now. I just got a paycheck though so I'll be ordering another soon. What I can do NOW is share with you some of the bowls I'm looking at!
What I have dubbed the "Tee-Hee Teacup" bowl.
Very pretty but only in black.
I can't live without another Vortex, or even it's little sister for a Genie hookah like mine. (Of course going for purple or that tempting "lime green" option.
Something just for Zia.
And something expensive but super cool (no pun intended since I hate puns).

Right now I'm just wishing the teacup and the replacement Vortex were on the same site. Paying more for shipping that for the actual item = mad bonerkill.

Made a full length post out of that! But bye for now guys. I'll miss you.

* Actually maybe don't try this at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment