Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Kitchen is Open

It's funny, because, I took a longer hiatus after I got a NEW bowl than I did when my old one exploded. That's why it's funny.

I got swine flu. I went home and watched 5 Lifetime Original Movies in one day. I have been swamped ever since.

I went to an Alice in Wonderland birthday party upon my glorious return. I brought my hookah and it was a big hit, because the larger, in-house hookah was hitting like a cigarette. Like the burning end of a cigarette. That party was so drunk.

Shisha reviews!!! Remember how I do those?

HookaH-HookaH - Pumpkin Pie
In the box: Uber spicy! Mouthwatering actually. Like a pie. And the only pumpkin pie whose existence I acknowledge is my grandmother's so you know that this is good-smelling stuff.
In the bowl: NOTE - This will be my real-time reaction. Watch carefully: Tastes like nothing. Like musty nothing. I packed a small bowl, okay, bu where is the flavor? Where are the clouds? WHERE IN GOD'S NAME DID THE SMELL GO? -puff puff puff- Cut to several minutes later... Pumpkin Pie! You deceptive devil! After I was about ready to give up on you and shed nary a single tear, you pop up with this silky, spicy, delicate and true flavor. Like a fine, fine pumpkin bread, because it's not so sweet as pie. You were holding out on me Pumpkin Pie! And not everyone is going to be as generous.
star star star star star
Hookah-Hookah Pumpkin Pie: 4.5/5 stars.
And I stand by what I said in my Double-Apple post, that whatever H-H is putting in their pots to make shisha smell so good I wanna hit my mama, they better figure out how to make it taste at least half as good.
+
Chocolate + Irish Cream = _Unnamed Autumn mix_!

And now, what you may or may not have been waiting for depending on whether or not you knew about it... the debut of...

Becky's Shisha Kitchen!
Recipies of Delicious Smoking
First on the counter, we have my first-ever imagining, called "Date Night".

Date Night
What makes for a great date? Roses, champagne, a box of chocolates by the fire? EXACTLY. So what goes in to a bowl of Date Night blended shisha? I used all H-H flavors and mixed equal parts of Chocolate and what was intended to be Champagne, but since the company was out, I was left with White Grape. Put that in the bowl, and then sprinkle with an extremely light sprinkling of Rose. (Think rose petals not a 2-dozen bouquet).
THE RESULT: Rose is definitely a key player, now matter how moderately you use it. I think Rose tastes like soap and normally avoid it like the plague, but in this blend sweetness pops up like little bubbles on almost alternating puffs, and there's a creaminess overall that dosen't let Rose have its way with your tongue. A Champagne-style Date Night would definitely be less sweet, but the flavor it would bring wold be more prevalent. White Grape (which by my logic is just unfermented champagne, you know?) is fruity, which I like though, for a more even and again - less Rose-inclined blend.
Either way it's a very intimate smoke for an actual date night, and I hope that y'all try it and tell me what you think!
Chocolate + White Grape (or Champagne) + 1/16 Rose = Date Night!

Now get outta my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment