Saturday, July 24, 2010

I Detest Thinking Up Puns for Blog Titles

I know I did it a lot before. It was snappy. Gave you an idea of the flavor reviewed therein. But I hate puns. I fucking hate them.

Sigh.

I have a straight review of a real flavor of shisha! Doesn't that totally blow your mind? I can't believe it either.

Fantasia - Ace of Spades
In the box: *shredding guitar* Heh. So this is what I bought at Mezmerize in Bowling Green 2 days ago. Good on them for having Fantasia. I've heard only good things.
I know from the internet that Ace of Spades is supposed to be Fantasia's answer to Andes mints. However, at first whif, my friend and I got the smell of musky coffee. When I opened 'er up today, I guess it was kind of choco-minty. An Andes mint that splashed on some cologne for a hot sultry date, perhaps? Sounds sexy.
The cut is a medium, STICKY, Layalina-grade. Maybe finer than Layalina. I found a couple stems right off the bat. According to a recent forum on my new haunt HookahDomain.com, this really pisses some people off. But it's never been much of a thang for me. I just pitch 'em. *shrug* Fantasia doesn't just sit in syrup like my Laya does. The wetness is infused, thorough. Soooo gooooood. I dolled it out with my tongs, after trying to kind of scramble it in the baggie, because just dipping in and snagging some made for big goopy clumps - not desirable.
In the bowl: I definitely taste the mint more than I smell it. It's cool and refreshing on the inhale and the exhale. There's a smoky and mysterious aftertaste that is more burn than any flavor I know of. It's not harsh though.
I don't really get "Andes," or even chocolate really - a flavor which is kind of hard to distinguish even on its own in my experience - but by the same token I know I'm not smoking a mint flavor. It's mature and again, kind of musky. A hearty wood lodge mint off on a bear hunt with the boys. :D
I got buzzed on this! Right away and pretty nicely. I'm just not used to that, but it was pleasant. Clouds are fine, even with the wind in my face, and they were particularly swirly girly and pretty to look at. I was content to sit on my porch and read about Marie Antoinette and absorb the very nice day and puff puff puff puff puff...
My contentedness was a it short-lived however, because after about half the bowl a rather powerful headache came on. I don't blame the Fantasia for this entirely though - it was very hot, I was out of caffiene, it was HOT, and most of all I was smoking a whole bowl by myself which I basically never do. Just not an ideal smoking situation and not an ideal result. I can't fault the shisha for this reason. I am a scientist, and there were too many variables in the experiment.
star star star star star
Fantasia Ace of Spades: 5/5 stars
I can't fault this flavor for anything. The unfortunate circumstances surrounding my session can't scientifically be counted against the flavor, cut, and buzz. **Note: upon a second, indoor smoking I got all the good buzz and not of the headache. Proof that this flavor is solid gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment